Kim had one of his dreams come true yesterday. He saw Alyssa Milano in the flesh. We were at the Dodger game. She was camera ready with full make-up hanging with some friends with kids. We had pretty good seats field level behind right field. We didn't stay the whole game. I couldn't tell you who won. They were playing agains the Arizona Diamondbacks. Kim wanted to check out the stadium. Then we went to a street fair in Sherman Oaks. It was pretty tame compared to NY.
When we got home we caught "My date with Drew" on Showtime video on demand. Kim's choice. It was actually very inspiring. It's about a guy who moved here from NJ. He's been working in production for about 6 years and not getting too far. He lives in the valley with some guys who also work in various forms of the "business". He wins $1,100 on a game show with one of the answers being Drew Berrymore and decides to go on a quest to make one of his childhood dreams come true...to get a date with her. He decides to give himself 30 days with a budget of $1,100 to make this documentary and use his limited connections to make it happen. Of course now that it's on Showtime, the budget got much bigger with music rights and snazzier editing. But I feel like I remember hearing a buzz about it. He had a big website campaign. The guy is very likeable and I wouldn't be surprised if he's hosting a show somewhere now.
I must take pictures of the view outside our patio. You'd think palm trees where native to california.

2 Comments:
Glad to hear that Kim's dream came true. We just saw My Date with Drew too! And we were both surprised at how deeply we got caught up in his quest...
Tell Kim we're all very happy for him. Now what has he got to shoot for, though? Seeing her again? I'll have to rent "My Date with Drew" now -- it sounds really good! Can't believe you have PALM trees on your patio -- that's just crazy!!
Post a Comment
<< Home