Meant to catch up on blog after In-Law's left. I was a bit nervous before hand even though, I know they are both so very nice. This was my 3rd time ever being with them and the first time they've even seen our place. We took them every where including Santa Barbara, La Brea Tar Pits, Hollywood Bowl for 4th of July music and fireworks, and some of the same places I took Tara, Getty, Santa Monica, Hollywood and Highland for the Hollywood walk of fame, etc. We saw Al Gore's "An Inconvient Truth" together on July 4th. A Must See! We had a blackout that day, right in the middle of Kim's mom doing the laundry. I hope that's not the first thing they remember about visiting us. And oh yeah, it was hot the whole time they were here. After almost a week with us, they took a train to see some relative in Seattle. I hope they had fun. Oh I must mention, we have such a grand view of the valley when it's not hazy, that we saw a bunch of little fireworks from a distance, probably one's shot off from high schools and malls in nearby cities.
Last weekend we celebrated my parent's 40th anniversary. We had dinner at the restaurant in a local resort/hotel they stayed. It's right on the beach but the area is pretty flat, not as pretty as Malibu. We also did a bit of wine tasting. Not bad for the town of Oxnard. It was a suprise to me that either existed. Oxnard is pretty much full of farms and is in the middle of no where, just on the way to Santa Barbara.
Been temping for a week at a Univ. It's a temp to perm position and I finding I don't want it to be perm.
Celebrating Kim's b-day early tonight with a few people at Senior Fred's. Am already hungry.
Booked a trip to NY for Wendy's non bachelorette bash in Sept. Am looking forward to that.
It's going to be another hot one this weekend, maybe the worst yet...

1 Comments:
I used to live in Port Hueneme right next to Oxnard. I remember living in Surfside III right on the beach smack dab in the middle of a SeaBee base and major industrial plants...not the best location looking back but a great place to be a 4th grader.
Take it easy Pam and thanks for letting me yap.
Post a Comment
<< Home