Sunday, October 08, 2006

Am Stuff With Sushi! We finally tried this other sushi place near us. Kim did not opt for the "all you can eat." Of course I did. This place is different than the one that's practically across the street from us where everything is buffet style. This place has you sitting at the sushi bar ordering from the sushi chef, off of a menu. I had white tuna and a quail egg shot for the first time, along with my usual yellow tail, salmon, eel, spicy scallop roll, smelt and udon soup. (okay, more than my usual.) I felt I got my money's worth but you should see the other men that ordered. I'm sure they made more of a profit off of me. But I couldn't eat another bite. I would have walked home if it wasn't so dark.

Yesterday we took a hike at Griffith Park. Then we checked out the new expansion of our nearby mall. (That's what you do in the Valley.) There was 5 floors of parking, with a bunch of traffic attendants for the opening weekend. Guess where we parked? Yes, they had valet. Once we got in, it took a little while before we were impress with the place. It's a little Las Vegas shopping like. The only thing we bought was a drink! But then we went to a pub I thought Kim would like. It was kinda of dead so we checked out a sub place next door. Turns out the subs were supreme! It takes a little while but I guess we are finding our favorite spots.

2 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger CamChes said...

You guys have to come visit us in Vancouver and we'll take you to Tanpopo, our favorite sushi place, where you can also have "all you can eat" from an unlimited menu, for just over $20 Canadian. The Wild Sockeye Salmon is unbelievable....

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Pam said...

Sounds good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home