Thursday, October 11, 2007

Bryce Liu Hanson's delivery story

Julie or Tara, could someone please ask nicely for Cam or Holly anyone who has linked my blogsite to theirs to take it off? I'd like to share my delivery story with just my friends. Please excuse spelling/grammar errors.

Wed 9/20, regular prenatal visit. Dr says my blood pressure was on the high side and there was protein in my urine. She wants to see me on Fri or Mon and to take a blood test.

Thu 9/21, Was totally thrown by a surprise shower at work. I was very grateful and overwhelmed. In addition to people in my dept, people outside my dept show up during their busy schedule. In the pictures, I can see my puffy face and tiredness. I remember saying I feel so frumpy. I was so big that only certain clothes fit me which I wore over and over.

Mon 9/24, went to doctor's apt after work. Dr C didn't get my blood test results because they thought I went to a different lab. They proceed to ask for it from the right lab. I was told my blood pressure was very high and to go across the street to get blood test done STAT. She very calmly says, there's a chance you may get an early arrival, we may have to induce you today. She tells me she meet me there. I reparked my car, called Kim and told him calmly the same thing. I thought of it as a practice run to check in the hospital. It wasn't long before Kim arrived around the same time as the doctor. Dr. C tells us my blood pressure was at possible stroke level. It has not affect the baby. Blood test result from Wed showed (from what I can remember) liver not functioning normally and blood platlets something or other. The bottem line is I need to have the baby. She tells me the pros and cons of c-section, vaginal, with/out epidoral. I choose to try vaginally with epidoral since stress with pain can shoot my blood pressure higher. She tells me for that the meds for blood pressure must work by Monday night or it's c-section. She give me one type of inducement drug that softens the cervix and may should make me dialate some if not to full 10 centimeters. Kim had the forsight to bring my some what packed hospital bag. There's a "daddy bed" there and he stays with me. Lots of people in/out, not sure if I slepted. The nurse gives me some good news that my blood pressure is heading the right direction. At some point it's Tues.

To be continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home